How we spent the first day of the year...

20:00

Ok so technically it's the second day of the year but we all know January 1st is a complete write off. Especially after the particularly booze and kebab-filled evening we had to send off 2013 and welcome 2014 into our garlic mayonnaisey arms. We ate Dominos. We watched three episodes of Sherlock in a row. We revelled in the joy of not leaving the house for over 24 hours.
P1022027But now most people are back in work, so it was finally time to make the most of my last couple of days off and get on with life. So today was about CULTURE. Well, that and tuna baguettes from Pret.
P1022028
Me and Kate headed to the V&A in South Ken to fill our eyes with old stuff, pretty stuff and weird stuff.
P1022030

Coat: Céline
Scarf: Forever 21
Breton top: Muji
Jeans: Topshop
Trainers: Nike Air
And now a word about my lovely new shoes... I haven't taken these kicks off my feet since I got back to London from Christmas in Wales. They might make me look small but I'm so much speedier in them than my usual heeled ankle boots! They are beyond comfy.
P1022037
My favourite thing we saw all day was this Japanese picture called Takiyasha the Witch and the Skeleton Spectre from 1844. The giant skeleton is like something from a scary dream.
P1022043 
Kate liked this lion. We were a bit concerned that his ribs were sticking out. He could probably do with her Pret special of a tuna baguette AND cheesey croissant. Mmmm hmmm.
P1022041 
This is Medusa getting her head cut off. OUCH.P1022039 
We wandered outside because I thought I saw a dragon in the courtyard. But it was just a load of rocks around a pond. But then I thought maybe that's just how dragons disguise themselves in the wild. As piles of jagged rocks.P1022040
THE END

You Might Also Like

0 comments